Department for Business, Administrative Law and Regulated Markets
L ecturer at the II Conference on Administrative Law, sponsored by Fundación Institucionalidad y Justicia, Inc. (FINJUS) and Dominican Association of Administrative Law (ADDA). Topic: “Concept of regulation: administrative act and regulation”, November 2019, Dominican Republic.
Lecturer in the workshop “Proof in the banking system”, 2019 edition. Topic: “ Regulation of the system, entities and banking operations ”, sponsored by the National School of the Judiciary (ENJ) and the Association of Commercial Banks of the Republic Dominicana, Inc. (ABA), November 2019, Dominican Republic.
Lecturer in the Course on Economic Criminal Law, 2019 edition. Subject: "Economic criminal law in the field of the financial system", sponsored by the National School of the Judiciary, October 2019, Dominican Republic.
Speaker at the Diploma Course Introduction to Monetary and Financial Regulation, 2019 edition. Topic: “The Monetary and Financial Administration”, sponsored by the National School of the Judiciary, October 2019, Dominican Republic.
Lawyer in civil, commercial, real estate, criminal, administrative, constitutional, competition and labor litigation.
Professor of Administrative Law at the Universidad Iberoamericana.
Thesis advisor at the Universidad Iberoamericana.
- University of Pennsylvania Law School, LL.M., 2018
- The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania Business and Law Certificate, 2018.
- Universidad de Salamanca, Máster en Derecho de la Administración del Estado, Magna cum laude, Valedictorian, 2016.
- Universidad Iberoamericana, Licenciatura en Derecho, Summa cum laude, 2014.
- Administrative Law
- Constitutional Law
- Tax Law and fiscal planning
- Economic Regulation
- Criminal Law
- Commercial and Civil Law
- Corporate Law
- Alternate Dispute Resolution
Coordinator and lecturer on workshop and courses sponsored by the Dominican Association of Administrative Law (ADDA).
Advisor and consultant for the government of the Dominican Republic and for multilateral organizations the International Monetary Fund, Inter-American Development Bank, International Youth Foundation and Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean (ECLAC).
Advisor on business, human resource organization strategies and issuance of licenses and permits topics for sports clubs and teams and multinational corporations.
Speaker at academic and professional forums.
Advisor on business, capital markets, contracts, restructuring and commercial liquidation processes, registration before the corresponding registers to operate as financial intermediation entities, constitution of stock exchanges and compliance with the rules against money laundering and of securities of local and foreign financial intermediation entities
- Leslie Soto, Mario., “Brief notes and practical recommendations for lawyers when representing the client in a negotiation process. Santo Domingo: Gred Unibe Law Review”, 2019, 9th. edition, pp. 53-56.
- Leslie Soto, M., et. al. Diagnosis of legal and regulatory framwwork linked to participation, labor insertion, educational progress, citizen and cultural securiry of young people. Multilateral Investment Fund (MIF) – IDB Group. Santo Domingo. 2017.
- Leslie Soto, Mario, “Brief notes on the principle of protection of legitimate expectations in Administrative Law”. Publication. Santo Domingo: Law Review of the Universidad Iberoamericana, 2016, 4th. edition
- Leslie Soto, Mario. “The constitutional precedent in the Dominican Republic ”. Publication. Santo Domingo: Essays on Constitutional Issues. Constitutional Court of the Dominican Republic and the United Nations Development Program”, 2015. Presentado en la edición 2016 de la Feria Internacional del Libro, auspiciada en Santo Domingo, República Dominicana (premiado con el tercer lugar en la “Competencia Nacional de Ensayos Constitucionales”, diciembre 2014. Presented at the 2016 edition of the International Book Fair, sponsored in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic (awarded third place in the "National Constitutional Essay Competition", December 2014.
AWARDS AND MEMBERSHIPS
Member of the National Association of Young Entrepreneurs (ANJE). Present.
Fulbright Scholarship, Office of Educational and Cultural Affairs of the United States Department of State, 2018.
Dean Scholarship, University of Pennsylvania Law School, 2018.
Scholarship for Graduate Studies, Ministry of Education of the Dominican Republic, 2016..
Member of the Dominican Bar Association.